Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fishing with a Hook and a Line

One of the many things that I had always wanted to do when I was a child but did not get a chance, was fishing with a hook and a line.  I had followed my elder brother to a few of his fishing trips by a pond or a river but he never gave me a go at it despite helping him to carry his things for him.  Sometimes he would tell me to carry his 'cangkul' which was extremely heavy for my built then.  Yet, at the promise of the chance of having my own hook and line, I relented in carrying it for him.  He needed to use it to dig up some earthworms which he would use as bait.   Fortunately, he did not force me to pick up the squirming , hideous looking worms every time he needed them.
I would wait under a tree very patiently for him to let me hold the line once it had a bite but the chance never came.  All I got was having to put up with my brother's tantrums when he had a poor catch.  He would blame for making noise as I moved around or for being in the way as he had to be careful when he flung the line backwards once he felt  a bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment