Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The Hungry

Today I thought of the hungry more than ever. The reason was I had felt very hungry at 11:00 a.m. a bit earlier than my usual time for lunch. I felt so hungry that I had hoped there was something edible that I could put into my mouth and let it go down to that corner of stomach that I thought need filling in order to erase my sudden pang. It was not good to feel so hungry that you literally moved faster and in desperation to get the food.

Now I thought what if I was in a state that I was incapable of obtaining food, be it due to poverty or incapicitation of some sort. I have never been unfed before. I would not dare think of how I would be able to tolerate it. No water to drink even. Only your saliva to swallow. That is just terrible.

I really hope the world will think more of the people that go hungry every day. That the governments of the world will coopetate and use available and cultivable lands to grow more foods. That they do not think of making huge profits alone but to provide the population of this earth a good life rightly theirs. I think we have been too selfish.  Think about the grand meals we had, succulent fruits and vegetables on our tables, huge lobsters, gourmet dishes of all kinds , the list goes on while our friends in another part of the world have not even a grain in the mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment